- James Robertson writes about Practical Ways to Assess CMS Usability including the following:
1. Vendor demo
2. Involve end-users
3. End-user training
4. Demo sites
5. Reference sites
6. Proof of concept
7. Usability testing
- Gizmoto review of Sony’s PRS-700 ebook reader:
Unfortunately, the “improvements” have taken away the very essence of the Reader—the easy-on-the-eyes screen. … Seriously, this thing has a fatal design flaw. The translucent layer that adds both the touchscreen and sidelight functions picks up so much ambient light from every angle, it’s impossible to read with even the most lowly of night-stand lamps turned on.
- The Electronic Library journal has an article called Usability Study of Digital Institutional Repositories which I don’t have access to yet. I’m still waiting for this one to arrive.
- The WordPress blog reports the Results of Project Icon which placed several icon designs up to a vote by the community. ==>
- The companion website to the upcoming book Designing Social Interfaces is working on a Social Pattern Library that shows promise. Included are links to other pattern libraries.